- Basic info
ISPS training focuses on giving Officers and Crew an understanding of their role, duties and responsibilities on board the vessel.
This training provides the underpinning knowledge to those who may be designated to perform the duties and their responsibilities with respect to the security of a ship, for implementing and maintaining a Ship Security Plan and for liaising with the Company Security Officer (CSO) and with Port Facility Security Officers (PFSOs).
Training structure includes following elements :
- Gaining knowledge of the background, objectives and impact of the ISPS Code
- Understanding the principles of the ISPS Code as a management system model.
- Ability to review and interpret the content of the ISPS Code.
- Understanding the basics of security management and risk in shipping.
- Ensuring that security equipment/systems are properly operated, maintained and tested.
- Proper organization and managing of emergency preparedness, training, drills and exercises on board.
Course duration – 8 hours
Location Course start Course end